Published on March 20th, 2013 | by thevyne0
5 Things I Can’t Wait to Wear Again
By Kailei R.
As many of you know, I live in Chicago. And for several months of the year, I do enjoy it. But goodness gracious, waking up to 0 degrees in mid March is enough for anyone to go batty. And batty I am. I just want to put away my big bubble coat already! And no matter how cute my Goorin Bros. cloche is, all I want to do is take off the layers, let my toes see daylight and proudly show my clean-shaven legs to the world. So in hopes that my visualization will bring some warmer weather, here are five things I can’t wait to wear again:
1. Skirts without Tights: I mean, it’s great that tights have made a comeback over the past few years with different textures and colors and all, but I’m over it. Here are a few fun skirts that I look forward to wearing sans tights:
2. Sleeveless Shirts and Dresses: Ah… I can’t wait to let my arms breathe again. Plus, I get a little pasty looking in the wintertime so my beige forearms are looking forward to getting a little more color. Maybe with one of these:
3. Ballet Flats: We all know that wearing ballet flats when it’s sub freezing just is not smart. And wearing socks with them looks weird. I’m looking forward to wearing some of these bright colors and new designs of the classic ballet flat:
4. Peep-Toe Shoes: Even though RueLaLa said otherwise, I’m going to go with “no” on wearing socks or tights with peep-toes. But that’s just me. Regardless, a freshly done pedi would look fabulous on a pair of one of these colorful peep-toes!
5. Sandals: I’m not picky. I’d take any flat, stiletto, kitten heel or wedge right about now. Here are a few that I can’t wait to wear: