Published on February 6th, 2013 | by thevyne0
Easy Elegance: Home Sweet
Have you ever looked around your home and thought, “I need to spruce this place up?” Major home improvements can be costly and these days, everyone is watching their pennies…and rightfully so. So here are a few, relatively inexpensive ways to add a little elegance to your home (while you wait for that lotto windfall to pay for a full blown renovation).
1. Slip cover the accent pillows on your couch in a decadent fabric that adds a touch of sheen to your living room’s “outfit”.
2. Change out the lampshades in your bedroom to add a sultrier lighting mood. Perhaps a deep crimson or rusty amber.
3. Upgrade your sheets and your guest sheets. Go for a high thread count AND double-ply threads to ensure maximum luxuriousness.
4. Consider purchasing a beautiful tea set. You don’t need to have guests over to use it either. Teatime for one is as elegant as it gets.
6. Look for ways to add a little crystal detailing to simple home fixtures. A few ideas: curtain tiebacks, curtain rod finials (the end caps on a curtain rod), door handles, scarf holder in your closet, chandelier in the bedroom.
7. Fresh cut flowers are a simple way to add elegance to any table. Buy different types of flowers, but all the same color then arrange them yourself for a beautifully uniform, clean look.
8. Shop around for an elegant throw blanket to go over the arm of your sofa. Choose a color that compliments your décor in a fabrication that feels and looks luxurious. Perhaps a faux fur or even lovely cashmere.