Published on September 25th, 2012 | by thevyne0
Our Week in Photos: Sept 16-23, 2012
By Keesha and Kailei
We have a new favorite photo app: Fuzel, that makes making collages really easy (or, according to them, “awesome”). If you have an iPhone or iPad, make your own “week in photos” and post it on our Facebook Page!
1. One of the many reasons I love fall is that I get to go back to my favorite berry colors! Nails, lips, you name it. Berry is always in during the fall. So I kicked off fall with a mani/pedi in Essie’s berry hue, Bahama Mama.
2. Spent some time in NYC this weekend with a fellow Vyne reader and finally had the chance to make my way into Chinatown to taste some of Joe Shanghi’s famous soup dumplings. Yummm!
3. Another reason I love fall…NYC! New York City in the fall is amazing. Especially during the day when the sun is shining and there’s a nice breeze in the air. So as I walked midtown on the east side, I had to stop for a cup of my favorite tea at Franchia. The tea is called Citron Paste and it’s a cup of yummy, kumquaty, citrusy, goodness! Perfect for a fall walk.
4. The gorgeous view of the Liberty Place building in Philadelphia is the view from my office. Which I saw a lot of last week! It was one of those “in early every day” and “out late every day” weeks. Well…a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!
2. On Thursday night I ran a 5K in Chicago. I was feeling a little sick, so it took a lot to finish, but I survived!
3. I checked out the Expo Chicago art fair/expo at Navy Pier on Saturday. The photo shows this marble sculpture of a boy’s face in the middle that had an interesting color and texture making it almost look translucent in this photo. There were some amazing pieces and the event is hoping to begin a resurgence of art collectors and admirers to this annual event for years to come.
4. After the 5K I got what ended up being a pretty bad yet short sinus/head cold. Though this obviously is not me in this picture, this is exactly what I was doing for four days straight. Luckily by Sunday it had passed.
5. On Sunday I went to a restaurant called Hash House a Go Go which had some of the most enormous portions I’ve ever seen. This is a photo of chicken and waffles. That bacon you see there is actually baked into the waffle. Crazy!! Luckily I shared this as there was no way for me to finish it on my own.