Published on April 4th, 2012 | by thevyne0
Coo-Coo for Coconuts
Ever since coming across claims on the web that coconut oil is great for speeding up the metabolism, we started conducting some web research of our own to find out what else are coconuts and coconut oil good for and are all these claims really true. The list is lengthy and the reports from various sources are largely personal testimonials from coconut enthusiasts who swear by its positive effects. So is all the positive press on coconuts true? We’re not certain but we’ll be adding extra virgin, organic Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter to our diets to see for ourselves. We suggest you consult your nutritionist or doctor and in the meantime take a look at the many reasons why people are going coo-coo for coconuts:
- Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty-acids which are helpful in speeding up the metabolism and promoting weight loss.
- Coconuts contain high amounts of insoluble fiber, which is exactly the kind of fiber you want to ingest as it has no calories and therefore no effect on blood sugar.
- Coconut enthusiasts claim it has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-parasitic healing properties and basically helps aid and support the overall immune system.
- Coconut palm sugar as a sugar alternative may help prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes.
- Coconut oil can be used for natural nutrition for the hair. It helps in the healthy growth of hair. Regular massage of coconut oil on the scalp helps prevent dandruff and dry skin.
- Coconut oil is claimed to help in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Coconut oil contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in preventing various heart problems including high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
- Coconut oil is easy to digest and may help with healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems.
- Coconut oil may also improve the digestive system and thus help prevent various stomach and digestion related problems including irritable bowel syndrome.
- Coconut oil is also effective on bruises and in testimonials from enthusiasts has been shown to speed up the healing process by repairing damaged tissues.