Published on December 10th, 2011 | by Keesha B0
10 Ways To Discover Your Awesomeness
I heard something earlier this week that I just can’t get out of my mind: “Each of us can do something better than everyone else in the world.” That’s deep, isn’t it? We often hear about “purpose,” but the notion that there is something that you can do not only differently but better than everyone else puts a different spin on it, at least for me. In pondering on this, talking about it, and reading, I found 10 ways to discover your special, unique talents:
1) Is there a particular role you play in your family, amongst your friends or at work?
2) Is there something that people consistently come to you to ask you about?
3) Is there something you have a desire to do no matter where you go?
4) What do people notice about you and/or complement you on?
5) Ask yourself the question and write down what comes to you (read Steve Pavlina’s “How to Discover Your Life Purpose in About 20 Minutes“)
6) What activities do you do that make you lose track of time?
7) What are the things you would do if you didn’t have to make money?
8) If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
9) What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
10) Ask someone else what they think that special thing is about you. Sometimes we’re too close to see it ourselves.
I’m still trying to figure out that specific thing in me that is more awesome than anyone else, but I am enjoying the process of discovery. I hope that these steps help you discover your awesomeness as well.