Hair & Beauty
Published on October 9th, 2011 | by thevyne0
Keesha and Kailei’s Fall Essentials
- Leopard Print iPhone 4 Case: In case you haven’t noticed, leopard print is in this season. But if you’re tentative about how to add this bold, sassy print to your wardrobe, you can go slow by adding it to your phone. As much as we talk on the phone these days, a stylish case is just like an accessory. I’ve added this iPhone 4 case to my fall wardrobe and it’s a fabulous bit of style done in a classy way. Look for it at the AT&T store or online at casemate.com.
- Caudalie – Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: I’ve been on a quest to improve the complexion of my skin and one item I’ve been using this fall that helps my skin retain moisture is this radiance serum. I apply it under my day cream and night cream and it keeps my skin from drying now that the weather is getting cooler. I can feel a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin too.
- My Fall Neutral Shoe: If you read our article on the “new neutral shoe” then you know this shoe goes with everything! I picked them up from Banana Republic and in addition to them looking fabulous they are super comfortable. The pattern on them is a combination of white, gray and black so I’ve worn them with navy, black, coral, brown, jeans, pants you name it.
- Zara Basic Black Blazer: This fall I’m all about my black blazer. I have literally rocked this blazer with everything. I “tszujed” up the sleeves and have worn it for work, after work or a casual weekend look. It’s a definite fall must have!
- Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream: I discovered this body cream when I received a sample with a dress I rented from Rent the Runway. I have sensitive skin that tends to be dry which makes it difficult to find products that work for me (I probably have about 5 half-used containers of body creams, lotions and such in my bathroom right now!). What I like about this body cream is that it is thick and moisturizing but it has soothing agents that don’t cause me to break out. Also, the light, spicy scent is perfect for the season.
- Pumpkin Coffee/Pumpkin Spice Latte: I was beyond excited when Starbucks gave Chicago the pumpkin spice latte a week earlier than the rest of the country. Though I am partial to spring and summer seasons, there’s something about the pumpkin spice latte (soy with whip) that makes the cooler weather easier to take. This year I also discovered Dunkin Donuts’ pumpkin coffee. Add in some cream and sweetener and this is a cheaper, less caloric alternative to Starbucks and (and also pretty darn good too!).
- Ivanka Trump Pumps: I recently discovered that Ivanka Trump has a line of shoes – who knew?? Let me tell you that Ivanka has found her calling. This girl knows shoes. I was looking for some good black leather pumps and I was actually planning on investing in some Louboutins, Pradas, or Choos. But when I tried on these $120 Ivanka Trump Amoro pumps, there was no reason for me to pay the extra cash for the big dogs. These shoes are the perfect height for every day wear, have quality leather, are comfortable, and fit like a glove. I also love the gold detailing in the back.
- Abi Ferrin ‘Nikki’ 5-way Dress: I featured this dress in the “What to Wear to a Fall or Winter Wedding” article. So, when my friend Steffanie’s wedding was coming up, I went to Nordstrom to try it on for myself. I loved that the dress comes in beautiful jewel tones and can be worn five ways (even as a shirt over jeans). But what really made me buy this dress is when the Nordstrom sales person told me the designer’s story. Apparently she was in an abusive relationship and left with not much more than a sewing machine. A former host of Extra saw one of her garments and loved it. She made garments for her and other celebrities that helped launch her career. She also started a non-profit called The Freedom Project which commissions disenfranchised women from around the world to create buttons that are featured in every dress (the buttons are not functioning buttons but almost like a “gift” with each dress that some women are starting to collect from Abi’s pieces). I love a dress with a good story! (the photo is of me singing at my friend Steffanie’s wedding last weekend).