Published on September 17th, 2011 |
What to Wear to a Wedding This Fall or Winter
Are you gearing up to attend a wedding this fall or winter and are puzzled by what to wear? Luckily we have done some of the legwork for you. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure you bring a wrap, pashmina, or stole to go over a sleeveless dress in case you get cold.
- Stay away from strappy sandals that you may have worn in the spring or summer. Instead stick with caged heels, peep-toes, pumps or dressy booties.
- Don’t go too bright. Though you may break out bright yellow, purple, or pink dresses when it’s warm, go for deeper, jeweled and muted colors in the fall/winter.
Here are several dresses we’ve found that are perfect for a cooler weather wedding:
1. Ruched Bateau-Neck Dress
2. Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Twist Neck Belted Sheath Dress
3. Tahari Woman Plus Size “Gisella” Floral-Print Stretch Satin Sheath Dress
4. J Crew Ashley Dress in Printed Silk
5. Abi Ferrin ‘Nikki’ 5-Way Dress
6. Badgley Mischka Platinum Cowl-Neck Beaded-Waist Dress
7. BCBGeneration Ruffle Front Dress
8. Glint Tiered Strapless Faille Dress
9. Rachel Pally White Label Plus Size “Ella” Surplice Dress