Published on September 17th, 2011 | by thevyne0
Five Simple Ways to Refresh Your Interior
Do you feel like you are in desperate need for a home makeover? Is your bedroom boring or living room unlivable? Luckily, making a significant change in a room does not mean significant time or investment. Here are a few simple ways to refresh your home today:
1) Change Your Walls: It’s pretty amazing how much a wall color or texture can transform a room. Even if you live in an apartment and don’t feel like re-painting, wall decals are a great option. Check out Ferm Living, Lowe’s Creative Ideas, or Dezign with a Z for ideas.
2) Rugs, Throws and Pillows: Though you may not change your furniture often, you can change the look and feel of a room by updating the throw pillows, rugs, and accent blankets. They can really bring together a room. Experimenting with different colors, styles and textures each season can help get your room interesting.
3) Hang!: Change the art pieces, photography or mirrors that you have hanging on your walls. Do you have photos sitting on side tables or a mantel? Create a photomontage on your wall! Have a poster you like or a favorite photo you’ve taken? Have it framed! You can even go to your local paint store, pick up some canvas and the colors of your room and paint an abstract piece for your wall. The important thing is to be creative.
4) Accessorize: Head out to West Elm, Pottery Barn, Cost Plus World Market, Crate and Barrel or CB2 for knick knacks for the home that can really polish off a room. Candlestick holders, wall sconces, decorative lamps, coffee table books, and vases are good to start with. Just don’t go overboard.
5) Get Inspired!: Check out design magazines and websites for inspiration. You would be surprised how many ideas you can get from sites like Design Milk , Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge, Luxe Magazine.