Published on September 11th, 2011 | by thevyne0
9 Things We Loved About Fashion’s Night Out NYC
On Thursday night I experienced some of the Fashion’s Night Out festivities in New York, kicking off New York Fashion Week. Make sure you check out the full photo album from both Fashion’s Night Out and outside of Lincoln Center at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week on our Facebook Page. In case you missed it, here are just a few things that we loved about Fashion’s Night Out NYC.
1) Celebrities: Oh yes, celebrities were all over the city on Thursday night. Sarah Jessica Parker, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Rachel Zoe, Dwayne Wade, Nicki Manaj and more were spotted around town. Estelle even performed at DVF!
2) The Fashion: It is Fashion’s Night Out, after all! And whether you were in a store or on the streets, amazing fashion was hard to avoid. The “street style” trends I saw for FNO and Fashion Week included lots of bright colors (especially pants and skirts), prints (African inspired, stripes, floral), head wraps, matte red or pink lip color.
3) Men who get as excited as the women: Fabulous men were everywhere and I have to say, it was kind of refreshing to see the men get so excited too. You have to check out our photos from Lincoln Center for some more stylish men outside the fashion shows.
4) The Designers: Just like last year, Tracy Reese’s store was a must. Tracy was in the house and posed with a Barbie wearing a doll sized version of the same dress.
5) The Window Displays: Not to say you can’t find an eye-catching window display at many of the fashion houses any given day, but the ones during Fashion’s Night Out seem particularly spectacular. This Alexander McQueen dress shown was an absolute masterpiece.
6) Female DJs: Not quite sure where this trend came from, but there were female DJ’s in at least three venues that night (including DJ Tyger Lilly at Tracy Reese and Solange at Lord and Taylor). I just love seeing the ladies on the wheels of steel (or at least on their laptops mixing it up)!
7) The Energy: The buzz around Fashion’s Night Out just amazing, and just about every place felt like a party!
8) (Street) Food and Drink: I had a great pomegranate martini at Lord & Taylor and I swear the best food trucks ever were out and about. I had some amazing ginger ice cream from the Van Leeuwen truck.
9) It’s the ultimate girls night out: Fashion, celebrities, food, drink, parties – what more can a group of girls ask for ?!