Published on September 3rd, 2011 | by thevyne0
30 things a Woman Should Do By 30… My 2 Cents
Someone I adore asked earlier today for a list of things I think a woman should do by 30… These are my Top 30 things, although I didn’t get to all of them before 30… I think it’s a great list, and you can feel free to add some of your own!
1. Have a passport
2. Have at least 1 international stamp on your CURRENT passport. (Excluding the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico)
3. Have a checking AND savings account- both in good standing.
4. Have a playbook (or strategic plan) for your life. 1/5/10 year growth plan to include finances, family, faith, dreams.
5. Have a “Happy Place” list- all things/places which enhance your life.
6. Attend a VIP event as a guest.
7. Donate TIME to help a charity.
8. Have a MENTOR for “work” stuff.
9. Have a MENTOR for “life” stuff.
10. Have at least ONE mentee. (Each one reach one).
11. Have a therapist on speed dial.
12. Have a Fab-Five: 5 good friends who don’t let you slide with bs, and who keep you in check AND have your best interest at heart.
13. Be able to look in the mirror and be “OK” with who looks back.
14. Have an HIV test. POW!
15. Have an ANNUAL pap smear.
16. Have an oral exam.
17. Read the entire Bible (I suggest a focus on proverbs’ life lessons because they have a different meaning during this “next” phase of life).
18. Buy “The Utmost for His Highest” by Oswald Chambers.
19. Forgive yourself for “it” (whatever “it” is). Lighten up on yourself. Life is short… Have fun.
20. Do something extreme (sky diving, zip lining, surfing, etc).
21. Review your schedule and make sure you have “me-time” EVERY week.
22. Make a vision board.
23. Send a note to a friend (handwritten, not #Twitter ;-)).
24. BUY some high quality stationary.
25. Treat yourself to a 5-star meal.
26. Go to a Broadway or Off-Broadway musical/play.
27. Spend the night at a 4-5 star hotel.
28. Take a Spa Trip to Sedona (or anywhere in AZ actually).
29. Have a meeting/meal with a politician.
30. Hug yourself, and MEAN it.
What are some of the other things you think women should do by 30?