Published on August 21st, 2011 | by thevyne0
The Vyne 9: Miami
1. Shopped – Keesha got some sandals made at Tuccia di Capri – created by two former models who were recently featured in O Magazine, Tuccia di Capri actually create custom-made sandals in their Miami Beach store. Keesha was able to select her sandal style, height, sole color and type and color of leather. They fitted her feet into the sole and after an hour we came back for the final adjustment and a few minutes later, the cobbler handed Keesha her new shoes made especially for her. And she loves them!
2. Hotel’d: We stayed at the elegant Mandarin Oriental Miami. The hotel had beautiful décor and extremely friendly and accommodating staff. If you want the weather of Miami without the flash of South Beach, check out the Mandarin Oriental. Just make sure to rent a car so you can drive to the beach if you want to.
3. Lounged: We kept hearing about the Delano Hotel and just had to see what the hype was about. We waited in line outside dealing with LA-like attitudes from the bouncers out front carefully selecting who, when and how many at a time to let in. We just KNEW it would be a jam-packed, live party in there. Well, we got in and whomp, whomp. The décor was gorgeous and the lobby was grandiose. However, the crowd at 1:30am on a Saturday was small and had the quality of just slightly above a dorm party.
4. Ate: There is a lot of great seafood and Latin influenced food in Miami. Though many of our meals were at our hotel (which had fantastic food and service), we also ventured out to South Beach and grabbed some seafood paella at The Pelican and some spring rolls, guacamole and yummy cheesecake at Nexxt Café.
5. Spa’d – As much as we didn’t want to pay the high prices for the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental Miami, once we heard it was the only 5 star spa in Miami and has been frequented by many A-list celebrities including Jennifer Lopez, we wanted to see what all of the hype was about. We both had the Time Reversing Facial, which, we have to say, was really great. Our estheticians Yolanda and Tracy were amazing.
6. Beached: No trip to Miami is complete without lounging on the white sand of South Beach and we got our fill.
7. Bought Jewelry: There are a ton of local jewelry tables all around South Beach. We found a stand near the Delano and spoke with the jewelry maker who creates everything herself – even the bags that contain the jewelry. Keesha got some cute feather earrings that helped bring a “pop of color” to her outfit Saturday night.
8. People Watched: In our first 48 hours we saw Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox at our hotel and Tyson Beckford eating dinner on Ocean Drive. If you ever want some great people watching, grab lunch or dinner on any of the restaurants in South Beach and just let the interesting and often over the top people walk by.
9. Worked: We know, vacations are supposed to be about relaxation and we certainly did that. But part of our trip was dedicated to strategic planning for our Vyne World efforts, and Miami was a great place to do that. So, whether you have your own business, work in a creative setting, or have work location flexibility, think out of the box when it comes to places that you can get business done. We have to say, talking about the future of The Vyne and Vyne World while watching the waves roll in worked for us!