Published on April 30th, 2011 | by thevyne3
The 5 Things We LOVED About the Royal Wedding
1. The Arrival of Prince William and Prince Harry: Blessed with their mother’s dashing good looks, William and Harry have long been swooned
over by women around the world. The most private moments of their
lives have played out on a world stage – and Friday’s wedding was
no different. But this time when the brothers stepped out of the royal
Bentley at Westminster Abbey and onto the stage they did so with a certain unparalleled je ne sais quoi. Dressed to perfection in their military uniforms, Prince William and Prince Harry have never looked so debonair, so ‘GQ’. Next to the arrival of Kate (and her dress), this was the royal wedding moment that quite possibly left women around the world (myself included) breathless.
2. Pippa Middleton: I’m pretty sure Kate’s sister, friend, and maid of honor, Pippa, knew the number one rule of being the bride’s attendant: Never upstage the bride. But that’s a hard rule to follow when you look flawlessly stunning in the bridesmaid dress that is now the envy of any woman who’s ever been a bridesmaid (lucky gal!). It is reported that the form-fitting, ivory dress was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen – she also designed Kate’s dress. Was this one of Kate’s dress options? Makes me wonder.
3. Kate Looked Like… Kate: Kate’s royal wedding look – from her hair to her makeup to her jewelry and of course her dress – was easily the best kept secret of our time. How far would she go with her look on her big day? We now know, not far at all. When we caught our first glimpse of Kate in the back of Queen Elizabeth’s Rolls Royce, she was simply gorgeous. She was simply Kate. Not unlike the images of her prior to the wedding, her hair was loosely curled and draped her shoulders while her makeup and jewelry was understated yet occasion-appropriate. I heard she wanted Prince William to recognize her when he took her hand at the alter. I adore this sentiment. Remember ladies, don’t let the latest trends in fashion, hair, and makeup take center stage on YOUR special day 😉
4. The Hats: Go to google images. Type in ˜royal wedding hats”. Enough said.
5. Will & Kate: The Friendship. As if marrying into the royal family isn’t
enough to rattle even the most grounded and centered girl, imagine the entire world having a front row seat at your wedding. No pressure? Easy breezy? Yeah, right. The only thing that would keep my nerves from being on full display during such an event would be having my bestie by my side to share it all with me. There is clearly a lot of love between Will & Kate but what became obvious during all of Friday’s pomp and circumstance was the friendship between them. When Kate glided up to the alter, Will literally looked her up and down and then whispered to her how beautiful she looked. They chatted it up in the carriage as they left Westminster Abby. And I just know they partied like rock stars at the evening reception well into the wee hours of the morning. I just know it.