Published on October 9th, 2010 | by thevyne1
Buying for Breast Cancer
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness month, we here at The Vyne are all about continuing to fight the good fight so that one day a cure can be found for this devastating disease. We trolled the web and found some great items that you can purchase to support the cause:
1. Bobbi Brown Pink Shimmer Brick – We’re loving Bobbi Brown cosmetics right now and this pink shimmer brick is a great add to any make-up collection. $38, Department stores; a $35,000 donation goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
2. White + Warren Cashmere Gloves – How can you not adore these fun, flouncy gloves? They’ll add a pop of color to that black or navy pea coat this winter. $75; WhiteandWarren.com. Fifty percent of proceeds goes to Women at Risk Breast Cancer Program at New York–Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
3. Microsoft four-button Mouse – Point and click in style with this pearly sheen and textured grip mouse from Microsoft. $40, Microsoft.com/hardware; 10 percent of proceeds goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure
4. Sonia Kashuk’s Make-up Clutch & Tools – This fabulously stylish clutch holds all the tools you need for a polished look. $22, Target stores nationwide; 15 percent of sales goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
5. Riedel Stemless Wineglasses – Wow your guests at your next dinner party with fun stemless wineglasses —each tinted with a different shade of pink. $70 for four; RiedelWebStore.com. Fifteen percent of sales goes to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
6. Jo Malone Red Roses Bath Oil – Jo Malone fragrances are unbelievably intoxicating so we’re sure this subtle scent of roses, violet leaves, and lemon is no exception. $60, Department stores; a $20,000 donation goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.