Published on September 25th, 2010 | by thevyne0
Live Your Life in HD!
HD or high definition. The difference between a “decent television picture” and a “vibrant, alive, detailed, sharp, crisp, stand-out, visually awing image.” Don’t worry, I’m not asking you to go out and buy a high definition television. I am, however, asking how many of you are living a “decent television picture” type of life versus living your life in HD?
Here’s how you can tell. If you find yourself tumbling your way through your nine to five week, rejoicing as you get past hump day only to make it to the weekend and simply do the same mundane things you did the previous weekend then you’re probably not living in HD. If you can’t think of the last time you made a real big impact on someone or something, or if answering the question “tell us something unique about you” stresses you out because you can’t think of anything, chances are, you’re not living your life in HD. And finally, if you have ever felt like you’re just existing, or worse, living with your “decent television picture” life on “mute” or in”black and white”, then you know you’re not living your life in HD.
We all have the capacity to live a life in HD…a life full of vibrant color, authenticity, and special details. A life in HD is a life that is a “stand-out, visually awing image” of everything that is uniquely you. It’s a life that makes you and everyone around you feel like your “television” is on, not in black and white and definitely not on mute.
If you’re ready to start living your life in bold HD, then here are a few tips to get you started:
1) Do Good…Feel Good –If you’re spending the majority of your day doing something that you don’t really enjoy (e.g. your job) then it’s increasingly important that you try to balance that time out by doing at least one thing each day that brings you some enjoyment. Whether that’s taking in a movie, spending time with someone you enjoy, volunteering for a cause you’re passionate about, taking a walk through a museum, reading a good book, exercising….the list is endless. Know what it is that makes you feel good and be sure you’re spending time each week doing that thing. You’d be amazed how much it will replenish your “color” throughout the week.
2) Don’t Blend In – What do the clothes that you wear each day say about you? Do they say, “I’m here, I’m me, I’m loving my shape and dressing it beautifully” or do they say “please don’t look at me, I just threw this on”? How you appear to the world is also what you will attract. Take an interest in yourself through your wardrobe and the world will take an interest and”tune in” to you. Need some tips on how to style yourself, check out this article.
3) Know What You Stand For and Stand For It – Is there a cause that you’re passionate about? If so, don’t sit on the sidelines for it anymore, get in the fight. If you don’t have a cause that you’re passionate about yet, give it some thought. Having a cause to fight for, volunteer your time with and feel passionate about adds a “vibrant special detail” to your life.
4) Sharpen Yourself – Is there something you’ve always wanted to learn? Maybe a new language or a new skill? If so, then go ahead and “sharpen your picture” by learning to do that new thing. Or, if you feel like you have some introspection to do in order to “sharpen your picture” then perhaps it’s time to look into getting a therapist for a while to help you get yourself back on track. There are plenty of ways to “sharpen your picture”, figure out what it takes for you and then begin to do whatever it is, as soon as you can.
5) Surround Yourself With Beauty – When you look around your home, is it a “visually awing image” of who you are? Does it feel like a beautiful oasis that you can marvel at and that revives you? When you walk in does it feel warm and comforting? If not, figure out what visually stimulates you or what you find beautiful, and add it to your home. It can be a particular color palette, a great piece of art or a soothing scent like lavender or simply clearing out the clutter in your home (for feng shui tips click here). For as much time as you spend in your home it should be filled with your version of beauty so that you can soak it up while you’re there and share it with the world when you’re out.
Are you living your life in HD? If so, share your tips here with us!