Published on February 6th, 2010 | by thevyne0
Smell Your Way to Health and Happiness
What if you could reduce your stress, sleep better at night, increase your mental alertness and balance your energy and moods all at the same time? According to Ayurvedic doctors and Aromatherapists, you can…just by inhaling the pure fragrance of essential oils. The impact of aroma on the brain’s limbic system has been studied for ages. Scientific research and studies continue to grow and in several cases have shown significant results linking the aroma of essential oils to positive impacts on the mind and body.
Here are a few easy ways to introduce the benefits of aromatherapy into your daily life:
1) Chakra Spray – Loving these seven chakra sprays by Aveda. They are infused with pure essential oils blended specially to balance the energy centers associated with each of the seven chakras. Mist them on and around yourself any time of the day (I particularly like to do this before going to bed—helps relax me after a long day)
2) Bath Time – Try adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water for a relaxing experience that sure to help you sleep better and de-stress.
3) Calm Your Road Rage – If you commute to and from work try these vent sticks by Car-ma. Although they are not pure essential oils they do have great relaxing and energizing fragrances to turn your car into your own private moment of Zen. I particularly like the lavender scent.
4) Love Potion #9 – It’s quite possible that love potion number nine contained the essential oil ylang-ylang as it has been shown to appeal to men due to its deep scent. Note to self ladies!
5) In the Office – Keep a few aromatherapy air fresheners made with pure essential oils at your desk and spray throughout the day when you need a boost or a moment of relaxation after a tough meeting.
For more information about essential oils and their proper use/benefits, check out this site