Published on January 7th, 2010 | by thevyne0
10 Things for Your To-Do List in 2010
It is officially 2010! What are you going to do this year to make sure it’s the best first year of this new decade? We here at The Vyne are setting our goals for the year and we encourage you to as well. Here are 10 things you should add to your to-do list to get the most out of 2010:
1. Clean out the clutter. Start this year by cleaning up your living space and work spaces. You will find that cleaning out clutter can really help clear out your mind.
2. Take a recreational class. Whether it is dance, a language, painting or an instrument, do something this year that expands your mind.
3. Set (and achieve) goals. Decide what categories are most important to you (e.g., relationships, career, spirituality, financial, social, physical health, mental health) and establish goals in each category.
4. Go someplace that you haven’t been before. Whether internationally or domestically, travel to at least one place you have never been.
5. Work out at least more than you did last year. If you only worked out once per week last year, do it twice per week! If you worked out three times per week, go to five! Don’t wait until bathing suit season to get your workout on.
6. Meditate. The benefits of meditation are astounding. From heart disease prevention to PMS relief and slowing mental and physical aging, we all should add this to our daily routine.
7. Say “No.” As “Superwomen,” many of us take on much more than we should handle and our bodies and minds suffer as a result. Saying “no” sometimes will not only help with stress, but also will set expectations for others.
8. Master a new dish. Learn how to make something that you can whip up without even looking at a recipe — you will be sure to wow your significant other or guests!
9. Save. The recommendation used to be that we should all have enough money to live off of for six months. Then it went to eight. With the economy the way it is, now the recommendation is a year. Use 2010 to build that cushion — just in case.
10. Do something good for the Earth and/or your Community. Whether you cut back on your water consumption, volunteer at a local shelter, recycle more, give your time to a local Boys and Girls club, buy a hybrid or plant some vegetables, this year do something that will have a positive impact on our lovely planet and the community at large.