Published on October 29th, 2009 | by thevyne1
Stay Healthy Travel and Office Tips
If you’re a woman on the go, chances are your busy travel schedule can’t stop for the outbreak of H1N1. So in the interest of promoting health and wellness we’ve compiled a few tips we’ve come across to help you avoid those pesky travel and office germs:
1. Sit towards the front of the airplane. Ventilation systems on most commercial aircraft provide better airflow at the front of the plane.
2. Avoid drinking coffee or tea on airplanes. Monitoring by the Environmental Protection Agency has shown that water in airplanes water tanks is not always clean. Coffee and tea is usually made from this water as opposed to bottled. So stick to ordering single serve beverages.
3. Moisturize the inside of your nostrils with saline nasal gel or a good antibacterial (alcohol free) moisturizing cream. It keeps your nose from drying out on the plane and can help trap dust particals and pollutants before they enter your airway.
4. Check out these tips from Dr. Oz on how to keep your pocketbook and make-up santized and nearly germ free.
5. Stack up on your travel size hand sanitizer and use it generously. Keep a bottle on your desk at the office too!
6. Know the facts about H1N1. Learn more here on WebMD
7. This goes without saying, but pack your vitamins and herbs in your carry-on luggage or keep in your desk at work. This time of year we’re loving Airborne and a variety of great teas with plenty of health benefits like Echinacea tea with honey.
Do you have some “stay healthy travel tips” that you use? If so, share them with us! Let’s all stay healthy!